Saturday, August 21, 2010

Anyone married with kids ever feel like a single mom?

I have a 7 month old and have been married for 5 years. I am a stay-home mom and my husband works 6 days a week. He's hardly home and never really helps me out. I still pay for all expenses and I'm running low on $. I nag at him all the time but i feel guilty. Am I right or wrong? Help!Anyone married with kids ever feel like a single mom?
I know how you feel. I felt like a single mother for a long time with my husband working 70 hours a week. But a little over a year ago we decided that he would get another job working only 40 hours a week. It was a huge pay cut, but I own my own business at home so all I had to do was step it up a bit to make up for the loss. Anyways, he is home more and helps so much with the house work. Not so much with the kids, actually not at all with the kids. But just him helping with the house work is such a weight off my shoulders. It's tough being a SAHM. I'm a SAHM/wedding florist. Everything is left on the mothers shoulders. I think once he gets the clue that you don't sit around and watch tv all day, he will help more. What really made my husband realize he needed to make a job change and help me more was when I made a list for him of every single thing I do during the day. Every detail. Then I left for the entire day and let him do it all while watching the kids. Now I don't leave my kids, ever. They go everywhere with me. When I got back, he was like WOW! He just didn't know. Your baby is 7 months and you are probably breastfeeding being a SAHM so it might be hard to leave for a day. I don't think you should feel guilty at all. When you compare his job to yours, who does more. Just because he brings home a pay check doesn't necessarily mean he works harder than you. So don't feel bad..Anyone married with kids ever feel like a single mom?
There are times when I do. I am pretty fortunate to have a husband who really helps out. He wakes up at night with the babies, as I have a hard time going back to sleep after I wake up. There are times, though, when he has worked all day and all he wants to do is sit there. I am in early pregnancy with # 5, so he is actually being very helpful right now. I don't think they realize how hard it is to stay at home all day and never really get a break. Maybe you could sit and talk it over when both of you are in a calm mood. Tell him how stressed you are and that you really need his support. My heart goes out to you. Good luck!
I know this is a hard place to be, but you have to keep in mind that this a partnership. Ya'll are a team.


It seems very one sided right now, but thats not how it always will be.


I think the best solution is for you both to scale back what one does so much of. He needs to try and scale back to 5 days, and take part in the child and house cleaning ect, and you should get a p/t job.





It'll give you both an equality that you dont feel right now.





Good luck
Though i'm not married and don't know what's it like to be a married woman but i'd suggest you raise your voice...its not 16th century


......And besides, why don't you a get a job for yourself??
well first you should lose some weigh if you want him to listen to you, then you should make him the best steak dinners a wife could ever make for her hard working loyal husband ! Then maybe he will.
If he delivers the doe, then you shouldn't nag too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment