Saturday, August 21, 2010

I got married in the last six months and am wondering if I have to get a new U.S. passport?

I used my old passport to travel to Central America for our honeymoon since I hadn't legally changed my name yet, but now I have. We're thinking about a last-minute trip to China in a month and I'm wondering if my old passport will still do or if I have to apply for a new one since my name has changed.I got married in the last six months and am wondering if I have to get a new U.S. passport?
I've been married for four years, and recently used my passport with my maiden name to travel to Canada. When I was booking my ticket, I booked it in my maiden name and then had the proper documentation (passport) to support the boarding pass.





One reminder, when you are checking in for the flight, scan your passport rather than your credit/debit card so you can find your reservation.





One recomendation, bring your birth certificate and marriage license to document a legal name change, just in case you have any issues.
  • lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment