Saturday, August 21, 2010

How long should one wait after they're married to have kids?

My friend is 22, husband 25 they were just married 4 months ago and both want kids so bad. They've been together for 6 years. They would definitely make great parents. They arent financially strained or anything, but she has 3 semesters of school left. Is it too soon for them to start a family?How long should one wait after they're married to have kids?
They should have kids when they are ready and both feel it. Sometimes, the time is never right. Sometimes, it comes fast, and sometimes it comes after years.





When the time is right, they will both know it. There is no better time than that.How long should one wait after they're married to have kids?
If they know they can handle it then yes everyone is different. She may be able to do the last 3 semesters with ease with children. If she has her husband on her side he can help take care of the kids while she finishes school.





Me I would personally wait until I finished school. I went to school while my children were young and studying wasn't the easiest. I did finish it took longer because I needed to take time off for the birth and then had to wait for the classes to become available again. They were only offered in the second semester.
nah..... they can start whenever they want 2~
at first they should wait till they know each other well then they can have a kid or maybe if day like they can have twin!
She REALLY should finish school. Having a baby while in school is tough. Most people just end up dropping out.





Kids are great. They are fun. They make family whole to some people. However, your life is never the same after you have one.





I always suggest to couples to wait at least 1-2 years before trying to have kids. Why? Marriage is tough, and it would be stronger and smarter in a relationship to strengthen the bond between husband and wife before throwing kids in there. Let them find out who they are now in the married life.
A year
My wife and I were married for three months before she got pregnant. It was a planned pregnancy too. We couldn't wait to have kids. She had her tubes tied last time, because once we started we couldn't stop, ha ha. It's a personal decision. It's entirely up to them. Why shouldn't have have kids yet?
I don麓t think the married part actually matters. If both parents are mature enough, have tolerance and a bit of wisdom then they should go for it.





Personally I think 25 is a good age to start. That way you have done many things together, gained experience maybe built up some finances etc.





I believe children choose thier parents before they are born, so they can learn from a certain aspect of something.
I would personally wait until my education was completed if I was almost done. Then I would probably want to become seasoned into a position I loved so that maternity leave wouldn't be an issue. However, if they are married have been together the length of time that they have and are financially stable then hey why not?
I got pregnant right away - and I was't financialy stable either! and I was 22 when I had my first!





I can tell you - If you want it - it's a blessing!


It made our marriage stronger right from the start!


we helped eachother! and we went along with it!





If they want - they can time it for a vacation from school-


but realize recovery is the hardest part! so go for earlier in the vacation!





Good Luck!
From what we know about sociology, there is no clear cut answer as to when becoming married, or even if marriage before children increases chances of success. Based on what you've said, in the 20's, enough money, college education, it is probably not a bad time to have children. Having children reqiures a lot of time, so it may be a better idea to wait until after college if the degree is important.





The best policy is to examine each dimension of the desire to have children (Money, time, commitment), and decide for themselves. If they want children _that_ bad, then I can only hope for the best for them
IF SHE STILL HAS SCHOOL, I'D WAIT AT LEAST A YEAR OR UNTIL SHE'S DONE WITH SCHOOL. SHE'LL BE GLAD THAT SHE FINISHED SCHOOL WITHOUT ALSO HAVING THE BABY TO TAKE CARE OF AND GET SITTERS FOR. THAT WAY SHE CAN ENJOY BEING A MOTHER.
Well, let me tell you, I was pregnant with my first right away, and the strain between us having a child nine months after marriage almost ruined the marriage, weird as that sounds. From experience I would suggest they wait at least a year and get comfortable with each other completely giving the marriage a time to strengthen before adding to the family. Because the strain of adjustment is hard on a marriage.
It is a very personal decision. There is never going to be a perfect time. But, I think it would be less stressful to them if they waited until she finishes school just in case she gets really sick with the baby. Besides, it's nice to have a little time to adjust to married life before you through pregnancy into the mix. But, frankly it is never too soon if they feel like that is what they want to do.
I think it's a decision they have to make themselves. My personal opinion that I developed from my own experience and that I shared with my sister that just got married, is give yourself at least 6 months if not a year to get adjusted to being married.





Even if you've been together for a time before being married, for some reason it's just stressful in the beginning of the marriage. I dated my husband for 5 years before we were married and the first 6 months were an adjustment period for us. We're fine, but pregnancy and a new baby bring on a whole new set of things. We had a few ';stressful'; moments after our son was born, but we remembered the adjustment to getting married and knew things would be fine (which they are).





But if they feel they are ready to begin a family sooner, it's really their decision. Just wish them luck and pray that everything works out for them. If school's the issue, just remember pregnancy is 9 months long, and it might even take a while to get pregnant. If she does, she may be done (or almost done) before the baby comes.
yes
My husband and I waited 2 years to get preggo. It was nice being a married couple with no kids. We could pack up and go and do anything we wanted. But its a personal decision. They have already been together 6 years....





I would suggest waiting at least a year, but thats just me.
At least a year or more!
They should do it whenever they feel ready. If they want a child now, than go for it.
There's no rule of thumb on this. Here's the reality of it...parents are NEVER ready to have kids. Oh, they might think they are, but belive me, it's never like you thought it was going to be.


Now I have a question - This is your friend? So what business is it of yours?
She should finish school and just chill for a while and enjoy just the two together. So she should give it about 3 or 4 years.
That is a question that the couple must answer for themselves. My wife and I were 21 and 22 respectively when we got married and we fully intended to be parents to a full family. We did nothing to stop the reproductive process but it took over four years before my wife was able to conceive. We now have six grown children. Thus, from my experience, I would say that your friends are more than ready to beging their family. It is definitely not too soon to start. By the time her first child is born, she will be six months past the end of her schooling so not to worry.


Give them my best wishes.
If the husband is willing to do his fair share of the parenting then sure, it isn't too soon to have kids. But if the man isn't willing to help her and her studies start to suffer, then it would be a problem.
If they want kids then they should have them... u will never be ready to have them.... u just gotta have them... and I'm in the same boat I'm 22 and my husband is 25 and we are trying to have kids...
You don't need to wait at all...She should finish her school first...but there is no set rule as to how long you have to wait after you are married. Some don't even wait to get married.
They could begin a family now. If she only has 3 semesters left then the baby wouldnt even be that much of a strain on her by the time she graduated. She could wait until after the baby is born to seach for a job. Its the perfect time.
well i guess i didnt do it the right way i mean i was 6 months preg when i got married and didnt go to college like i planned. So i think she should finish her three semesters of college or she may not go back after she has the baby. It just depends if she has alot of family help. She will need lots of babysitters while she finishes school. There is always plenty of time to have a baby. she may regret having one too soon.
they have been togther 6 years, and want kids badly, go for it i say!





my wife had only been togther with me for 3 or so years, we where only married 6/7 months before our first was born





but it turned out great, we are still togther 13 years later and now have 4 kids





they sound perfect! good luck to them, i was 21 and my wife 20 when we had the first one





maybe wait till theirs just 2 semesters left
Finish School First.





Wait a 3 years





Be Newlyweds and then have kiddos, Marriage is tough, it shouldn't be complicated with Children and pregnancy.
Its up to them!! Sometimes things (pregnancy) can happen unplanned. No matter how much they prepare nothing EVER fully prepares you for parenthood. My two year old is still teaching me new things everyday!!
finish the studies then have a family
  • lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment