Saturday, August 21, 2010

What was it like when you first got married and moved in together?

what did you like about it?


what did you not like about living together as a married couple?


was it a big transition?What was it like when you first got married and moved in together?
I have been married for 2 years, but all I remember is it was fun. :)





I loved waking up and there he was close by. I liked having a strong man in the house to protect me.


I liked mostly everything.





Something I didn't like is that being together too much can make you fuss a little.


But that's changed because my hubby has two jobs now so we aren't together as much. I miss him though.What was it like when you first got married and moved in together?
Reverse the order of that. We lived together for a year before we got married, and frankly I think anyone who does not do that is setting themselves up for failure.





Living with someone is vastly different than just dating them. When you are just dating, you can always return to your own place if you need to.





Little things which you brush aside become much more obvious when you see them every day.
When we first got married and were living together, we both loved being newlyweds... we went out to dinner all the time, had alot of friends over at our place and just enjoyed using the phrases ';my husband'; or ';my wife';... I know my husband loved the fact that I was always home when he got home from work, he loved coming home to me.





I didn't like... hmm... well, to be honest it took some getting used to being a wife and doing chores for the both of us... I would nag alot at first, but eventually I just took to it and did what had to be done.





Biggest transition... not sure, I would say giving each other space is hard when you live together. Because you think just because you are both home, that you have to spend all that time being together physically when in reality everyone needs a little space and time to relax alone... it took getting used to giving him his space to relax after work without me nagging him.
We lived together over 3 years before getting married, so nothing changed.





When we moved in, however, it was a HUGE transition. We bickered a lot. But it got a lot better when we moved out of the apartment and into the house. More space for us, our hobbies, and cats!





Housework, however, is an ongoing negotiation. *sigh*
Biggest transition was that we like different foods -





He wanted the peanut butter cold in the fridge, I wanted it in the cupboard, he liked Log Cabin syrup, I liked Aunt Jemima - things of that sort





Aside from that it was pretty smooth going
Well, I actually thought when he lived as a bachelor it was quite sexy and manly the way his house was kind of messy but when we lived together, he brought his messy self with him!





Not so sexy to live with!
The majority of people who get married already live together.
We moved in together, conceived our daughter and got married when I was 7 month pregnant. It's still good 10 years after.
It was great. Then it went downhill. Go into it thinking its going to suck. Then you will be happy.
What did i like about it?? hmmm...';Like'; probably isn't the right word.
we got divorced
  • lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment