Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Do you all think it is possible to stay married forever and be faithful throughout the entire marriage?

I am just curious to know what people really think, and If any of you are married (happily,) what is your secret?Do you all think it is possible to stay married forever and be faithful throughout the entire marriage?
Of course, but you have to work on the marriage. My grandparents were married for over 75 years (my grandfather died last year) and they were very happy together. They were also completely faithful to each other as they deeply respected their marriage vows. Would that happen today? It is less likely as people are more concerned about themselves than in making sacrifices for another person.Do you all think it is possible to stay married forever and be faithful throughout the entire marriage?
Hi I'm happily married for just over 26 yrs now. The secret, is being open, honest, trustworthy %26amp; having good communication skills. My Nana told me on my Wedding day to 'never let the sun set on an argument' %26amp; ';apologise if you are wrong. Yes we do have arguments %26amp; different ideas about things, but we settle them by negotiation or just accept we have different points of view rather than he's right or I'm right.





A marriage requires teamwork every single day. Tend it like a garden it will flourish, ignore it %26amp; it will wither %26amp; die.





The other thing to know is that just because you're married to someone doesn't mean you are Siamese twins. If he wants to go fishing with his buddies for the w/end he does. If he wants to play sport once or twice a week he does. By the same token if I want to go out for a girls night out (usually dinner %26amp; movies), or go shopping with friends I do.





Your partner can be your significant other %26amp; best friend but everyone needs a little 'me time' occasionally.
Yes, I think it is possible to stay faithful and also very likely if the people involved are honest, open and mature.





The secret to happiness is compassion and good communication (although keeping secrets is no a good thing, good communication does not mean telling your significant other everything either.)
It's possible-many people do it. I think more people get divorced from jumping into a marriage too fast then quickly get divorced seeing that as a quick fix. Don't get me wrong-lots of marriages go so bad that simply for safety the 2 need the divorce. My 1st marriage wasn't the smartest-we thought we were perfect together because everything was ';fun.'; Once the seriousness of being adults, work, marriage, etc. set in-it was too much for my wife and she basically freaked out (long story). After years of working on what I did wrong I learned a good marriage needs a good base of honesty, similar basic beliefs, maturity, communication and a desire to work through things as a team. Take away the mushy stuff...think about how a good business runs-always striving to be it's best while keeping an eye on the future. Every house has to be built on a good foundation-otherwise the rest of it will eventually crumble down no matter how well it's constructed. I know these aren't the most beautiful analogies but they give examples of what I believe to be necessary minimums for a good relationship. Eventually you'll need these things to get the both of you through the challenges life throws at you.
It's absolutely possible and some couples have done it and continue to do it daily. You don't often hear about them (particularly here) since it's more exciting and newsworthy to hear about peoples problems. I've been married for 21 years and find our secret to marriage is mutual respect, love and support for each other.
Hi Maggie, WHY NOT ?





And this Q comes back with a reflection of....................





That's why we shouldn't settle anything less for LOVE.





When you chosen someone that you knew were a lil wrong and


settle for it, you'll bound to creates problems


because you don't really loves them DEEPLY in the first place.





Sometimes as in TOO COMFORTABLE with partners


were not be helpful either.


As s/he can says anything s/he wishes till a point they


might degrades and offended you.





That's why I feel sometimes somethings simply just shouldn't


cross the line.


Not everyone can take the things you think you can.
Well I'm not married or engaged. I'm in love with my boyfriend though, and I see us being the old couple waiting at the doctor's office for the new ';Miracle blue pill'; if you get what I mean.





My grandma and papa (grandpa) are happily married for over 70 years now. I swear, they still go at it like bunnies! They laugh and joke around with each other still, hold hands in public and act like they are newly weds. I aim to be like them when I get married, even throughout the years.
Isn't that the whole idea of why you get married??? I have been unfaithful in previous relationships when I was younger, but I would NEVER in my life imagine doing that to my fiance. I guess you just have to meet the right person for you.
Yes I think it is possible, unfortunately it is not too common. It takes two special people to share the type of love that would last that long with complete faithfulness.
Happily on my 4th marriage. The secret... hold hands all the time, kiss every time you see each other, say I love you many times a day and have them be your best friend.
I'm not married but i believe its possible to be faithful and happily married forever
Uh, yeah it's possible. I mean, isn't that kind of the whole point of marriage?
DO you?
  • lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment