Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My husband and I are married for 13 years?

Our relationship is struggling ...We have 2 kids together (2 and 7).He does not pay attention to me or the kids.....Most of his time he spend in the basement watching Tv or sitting on the internet.


When I try to talk to him about he gets mad at mad and he tells me that I crazy .


I love him but recently I have concerns regarding our releationship.


I sick and tired that I do everything in the house including mowing the grass,taking out the garbage.Please help.My husband and I are married for 13 years?
He is having a crisis.Has he always been this way.The withdrawing from you and the kids is unsettling. Even though he may not be helping out around the house I think he isn't feeling very needed. Loosing himself by watching T.V. on the computer. He seems depressed. Try to get him to an M.D. and discuss while you're there. Show support. Hate to see relationships to end if isn't necessary


My husband and I are married for 13 years?
Sometimes men do not know that we need help.. they just assume everything is going on fine until we blow up one day.. sit down and talk to him about how tired you r getting running after your 2 kids and taking care of the house as well... assign him certain duties (like cleaning the garbage and mowing the grass) and don't do these things ever.. let him handle them, even if he's not doing it 'on time.' Once he gets the feeling that it's his job and you're not going to do it, he will handle it.. he probably thinks that you're doing fine and do not need any help.. tell him you need help and show him which area you want help in. This usually works..
You tried talking, it is not working ....


So you stop mowing the grass ...


If you pay the bills, stop, put him in charge of paying them.


You need to get out and enjoy yourself, even if it is only for two hours...make him care for the children. I know your thinking he will ignore them, but it is hard to ignore a two year old.


You need to give him list of things to do around the house... and get him to do them.


Then if he starts doing some of them ... reward him, hire a sitter or ask a friend to watch the kids. Take hubby out for dinner, maybe find some place to talk, get to know each other all over again.
Grandmother told me, when it comes to men: The way you start off is the way you end up. Therefore, you have always done for your hubby, his role and yours, in the relationship. Why are you tired of it now? Why are you on the computer telling us, instead of him? What should you do? You know what you have to do, confront him with his lazy ways and you stop doing for him so much. Just do you and the kids for a while, till he appreciates you more. Good luck.
Get his attention by stopping all the things you do for him individually, washing his clothes, fixing his lunch, etc. Cut the power to the T.V. and internet. With those two things out of the picture, you might have better luck having a one on one with him. Dance naked in front of him. If none of these things work. Get counciling for yourself and move forward with your life with or with out him.
try talking to him - if that doesn't work - tell him you want marriage counseling - my husband for years said no way to marriage counseling - then I gave him a choice - either I leave or we do marriage counseling and try to make things better. We've only gone to 3 sessions - but its helping to get my concerns across.
Sounds like he needs a rude awakening. He's become super comfortable. You need to plan a girls day out or a day for yourself and just plan it on a night that you know he'll be in (so he can watch the kids). Then get dressed and on your way out, let him know that you're going out. That'll wake his *** up.
I guess you have to try and get him to get out of watching some much TV. and off the net.





family outings may help. or go away for a weekend. see how that works. stop doing everything and let it be.





good luck.
There is nothing you can do. That's him.


People only change if they want to change themselves. Make a fulfilling life for yourself outside the marriage for yourself and include your children. Good Luck
Reminds me why I divorced my ex husband. He was way too in the comfort zone... no counselling sessions helped either... he was a born selfish bastid.


Good Luck xx

No comments:

Post a Comment