Saturday, August 21, 2010

How important is a social life for a married couple?

i am a happily married woman who owns a business that i run from my home. i make decent money but work with people remotely and do not get to meet a whole lot of new friends. my husband works nights, weekends and holidays and is not really available to go out socially. we have other couples that i'd like to hang out with but i got sick of feeling like the 5th or 7th wheel. yet, at the same time, i'm not single. a social life doesn't seem to be very important to my husband as he works in a restaurant. should i give up on having a social life too?How important is a social life for a married couple?
No. Just find something aa bit more predictable and toned down. Perhaps join your local Rotary club since your an entrepreneur.





Rotary International has clubs in nearly every town in America, and every major city world wide. The clubs are comprised of everyone from small business people like yourself to CEO's of large corporations. In your local club you're likely to meet judges, politicians %26amp; other important people. In addition, anywhere you go in the world you'll know that you have friends. Plus you get to be a part of all the good accomplishments from building local parks to eradicating Polio.





The club will meet once a week, have lunch and then watch a program which is a presentation on some topic of interest. In addition there will be several club socials a year, things like valentines dinners or Christmas parties. It's a great, upscale yet casual way to expand your horizons, meet quality people, stay abreast of important happenings in your com unity, have fun and save the world all at the same time. And since it's a regular sort of thing it's easy to build into your schedule. There are also clubs that meet for breakfast and some dinner clubs a well.





EnjoyHow important is a social life for a married couple?
Social lives are only important if you and your husband desire one. In my case, neither my husband or I hang out with any friends - we both work full time during the day, but we each look forward to coming home every night and hanging out just the two of us. We also spend time with my family. We're happy to be homebodies - it works for us. So if you desire friends, then you must extend yourself and make an effort. Make sure it's something he wants, too.
It is important only if you feel like it is something you are missing out on. You do not really seem like a ';social butterfly';. Maybe you just need a girlfriend or two that you can chat with, do lunch w/, shopping now and then. If your husband isn't into doing the couples thing, then you should do your own thing.
very important that you both do things separately that you like to do and do things together that you both enjoy! like you go out with your Friends he goes out with his and then next time you guys play a game together i love to play video games with my fiance and he loves that I do!
I think it is very important to have a social life and friends. Besides good times they can maybe see problems before they get out of hand and help both of you to work through them.
Well if he works nights weekends an holidays you aint got much choice of a social life ???


But all work an no play aint good !!


So any opportunity you get grab it .
very important. I'd go crazy with my wife if I couldn't periodically dump her off on her friends.
What's important is for spouses to be on the same page in regards to social life.
You should set aside one evening and go for a meal and a drink or go to the cinema etc
Not at all for me, I'm social enough at home and at work, joggling with my child and my co workers
I have a crazy social life somewhat. Why? Because I always enjoy a good laugh.


I sometimes hang out or party out with big time life of a party women in their 30's and 40's, like at a house party. There are widowed, single and divorce women friends that comes to the gatherings. We all enjoy each others good company. My wife is a big time homebody and spends 95% of her time with her family side, while my family side is crazy, silly and funny. We all get super drunk and everything else falls into place, its get hilarious and I am so addicted to pure fun.


As is this world is totally messed up! Nothing is perfect! Nothing is at ideal. Don't take life so seriously, but instead laugh at it.


I figure, if you are going to be in a marriage for the long haul, why not enjoy it differently each passing day and learn something totally new, totally funny or crazy.
most will say a social life so a married couple is important. I don't think it should be that big of a deal. if you want to hang out with friends then go ahead and go, if the hubby wants to go then he should come but if he doesn't want to then you just go out with friends alone. I don't believe married couples should go to bars and clubs. bars and clubs are to meet singles practically so theres really no need for either of you to be there seperatly. most of my husbands and i's friends are single, and like to keep it that way so its hard for us to go out with other together. plus my husband and i dont drink but all of our friends do so usually when either of us hang out with our friends i usuallly have a girl's night with my girls where we go out to dinner, or go shopping. usually when my husband see's friends they usually go golfing or watch a football game. so we dont have much of a night life with friends and only go out with friends once or twice a month but thats manly because we prefer to hang out together. but you guys just do what makes you guys comfortable
  • eye shadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment