Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Would you want to know if your ex was planning to get married if there were small children involved?

How much should you know, or not know as a form of respect if you are no longer together, but there are children involved. I had to hear that my ex is getting married from my daughter. She's 7. Should I even care, or consider it as a form of disrespect?Would you want to know if your ex was planning to get married if there were small children involved?
I think you have the right to know who will be influencing your children. She/he will be their step parent and no doubt act in that way. You would inform your ex if you changed day care or school or Dr's wouldn't you? You should have been told out of courtesy as you are the parent of his/her children and hence are bound in some way for life.Would you want to know if your ex was planning to get married if there were small children involved?
No, what your ex does is HIS business not your's. He is no longer married to you so there is no reason for him to tell you what is going on in HIS personal life. The only reason you would care or consider it as a form of disrespect is if you were petty, immature and jealous of a man you were no longer married to.





But in my case I did know that my ';ex'; (we were never married) was getting married because our daughter was the flower girl in the wedding and I was invited to the wedding
He should have informed you because you have young children. His marriage is going to impact their life. You need to know about his new wife because your children will be spending time in their home. Discuss these issues with your ex as two mature people. If he starts to act like a vengeful idiot then you may have to get your lawyer involved to renegotiate the custody arrangements.
I don't think it was disrespectful that your ex told your daughter, its your ex, not your daughters, your ex is open with your daughter because the daughter is still part of his/her life, your not, your just the other parent, you really shouldn't care, as tough as it may be sometimes just act as if you were happy for the other parent, good luck.
I though that usually in a court order it is required that they give you notice that they intend to marry. If not, then I'd say out of common courtesy he should tell you. If he chooses not to, then there's really nothing you can do about it except find out her name and identifying information and have her background checked.
well i am sure you knew they were together for a while if they are getting marreid now. I am sure you knew she was already around the kids. So yeah anythign else is not your business. But if this was a secret for years and you had no idea your ex was even seeing anyone then yes you have a point. but if you knew already...which I am sure you did...then it should not be a big deal or any of your concern...move on...someone will make you happy one day
My teenagers told me when my ex was getting married. Since he wasn't respectful to me when we were married it would have been a stretch to expect respect after the divorce. You obviously have small children and need to know about any changes in his visitation with them.
You can consider it whatever. The 2 of you are not toegether anymore. He is fcking another woman. He does not owe you respect.
It is not a form of disrespect to you. However, since you and him have kids involved in this he should have told you.

No comments:

Post a Comment